Whether you’re planning on laps in the water, going kayaking, surfing, or anything else, having a waterproof watch can be important. Having a waterproof digital watch can be even more important, depending on what you’re doing.
That’s why we’ve created this list of 5 of the best waterproof watches for you to choose from, varying in simple watches you don’t have to worry about to smart watches that can track your exercise.
In a hurry? Check out our favorite watches below.
*This post may include affiliate links. When you purchase items from these links, we will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help support this website. Thank you for your support! Read more ->
Best Waterproof Digital Watches
- Timex Unisex Ironman Classic 30 34mm Watch – Best for Smaller Wrists
- Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch – The Best Watch To Track Your Activity
- Armitron Sport Men’s 40 – Best to Not Have to Worry About
- Garmin 010-01769-01 Vivoactive 3 – Best Watch To Wear All The Time
- Mens Digital Sports Watch LED Screen – Simple & Easy To Read
What To Look For In Waterproof Digital Watches?
- The most important factor in a waterproof watch is that it’s actually waterproof. You don’t want to check the time while in the water only to realize that your watch has broken. Every watch can withstand a different depth of water, and some may just be water resistant instead of waterproof.
- Digital watches can mean either just not analog, or it can also include smart watches. So you have to decide if you want a basic watch for your adventure or if you want a smart watch that can track your exercise.
- Comfort is also important when looking at waterproof watches, because you’ll likely be working out with it on. And you don’t want one that is rubbing your wrist the wrong way while you’re trying to swim or surf!
- Sizing of the watch band is also majorly important! There’s no reason to have your hand falling off from a too-tight watch, or the watch falling off when you’re kayaking because of too loose of a band. Make sure when looking at watches, to pick one that has the right band size for your wrist. So measure your wrist before buying a watch.
- Style is also important when looking at a new watch. You’re more likely to wear a watch you like the look of than one that you hate.
Rather than separating watches into waterproof watches for men and waterproof watches for women, just choose a watch that you like, meets your needs, and will fit!
You may also like: Can You Go To The Beach At Night?
Let’s get into the best waterproof digital watches!
1. Timex Unisex Ironman Classic 30 34mm Watch – Best for Smaller Wrists
Timex is a classic brand, having been around forever when it comes to watches. This unisex ironman watch is a simple design, with everything you could need in a waterproof watch.
It’s waterproof to 100 meters (330 feet), so you’ll be able to swim and snorkel to your heart’s content with this watch. Time your laps with the timer, or just keep track of time while you’re looking at all of the beautiful sea creatures.
This Timex Ironman fits a wrist up to 7.5 inches in circumference, making this a great choice if you don’t have a huge wrist. It also comes in multiple colors so you can make your choice wisely.
This watch is durable, with a strap that’s not going to break on you, and the battery can last up to 10 years making this a watch you won’t accidentally lose in the water and can have for many years to come.
Drawbacks: Some people complain that it fogs up with being in the water, but this seems to just be with very few watches.
Want a larger size of this? Look at the Timex Ironman Classic 30 Full-Size 38mm Watch, fitting up to an 8 inch wrist circumference.
2. Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch – The Best Watch To Track Your Activity
Fitbit Versas are great watches to have for tracking anything from your exercise to sleep habits. This Fitbit Versa 3 is the latest in this series, with some new added features including GPS and Google Assistant.
Personally, all of my smart watches have been Fitbit Versas, because they’re a great watch at reasonable prices.
These are definitely one of the best waterproof digital watches available. They can withstand a depth of 50 meters (165 feet), so they are perfect for swimming and tracking your exercise in.
Depending on how much you use this, it can has a battery life of up to 6 days, or about 10 hours with GPS turned on. And one of the new features is it can charge in just 12 minutes.
Track your heartrate during your swimming or other water activities with your versa and look at the Fitbit app to see how well you did for the day, and compare it to previous day’s activities.
This comes with 2 different band sizes, so you can choose which one to wear based on your wrist size!
Drawbacks: Some people complain of issues with the band, or the battery life not being what’s promised.
Looking for even more features, including stress tracking and an ECG on your wrist? We suggest looking at the Fitbit Sense instead.
3. Armitron Sport Men’s 40 – The Best To Not Worry About
This Armitron Sport Men’s 40 watch is a great watch to wear while in the ocean. It’s low price means it’s not one you’re going to have to worry about losing, because it won’t be a big deal.
This is great if you’re surfing, kayaking, or snorkeling in the ocean. It’s water resistant to 300 feet (100 meters), so it will work on most water activities (just not diving).
This watch can be set to be a 12-hour clock or 24-hour clock, depending on your preference and can also have the date, a stopwatch, and alarm.
This is a great watch for bigger wrists, so you don’t have to worry about it being to tight and cutting off circulation.
This Armitron Sport Men’s 40 watch is a great choice for being in the ocean at it’s price point and ability to withstand the waves.
Drawbacks: Some people have a hard time reading the display due to the background being dim
4. Garmin 010-01769-01 Vivoactive 3 – Best Watch To Wear All The Time
This Garmin Vivoactive 3 is one you won’t ever want to take off. Whether you’re swimming or getting coffee, this is a great watch to have.
This watch is the perfect watch to wear to track your swimming activities, or any other water activities. It can measure how many laps you’ve done, includes GPS, and is easy to read even under the glare of sun and water.
This watch has a water rating of 5 ATM, Swim, which means that it can go up to 50 meters deep in the water, which is perfect for snorkeling, swimming, or almost any other water activity you’re partaking in.
This Garmin has a battery of about 7 days, so it running out of juice won’t get in the way of any activities.
When you’re not in the water, this Garmin Vivoactive 3 will still be your best friend, with contactless payments and being able to check your messages on it.
Drawbacks: Using the GPS drains the battery very quickly, some people had issues with the charger that come with the product.
5. Mens Digital Sports Watch LED Screen – Simple & Easy To Read
This CakCity Men’s Digital Sports Watch is one of the easiest to read at a glance watches available.
It’s well lit, so you’ll be able to easily read it between waves while surfing, or looking at it between rowing a boat.
This waterproof digital watch is water resistant to 164 feet or 50 meters, so you’ll be able to wear this on most excursions, so long as you’re not diving.
This digital sports watch is a great choice if you just want something easy to read while out on the water without all the bells and whistles.
Drawbacks: You cannot press any buttons on the watch while in the water, as it can allow water to enter the watch.
Whether you’re looking for something to track your laps, or just something to be able to tell the time on a kayaking trip, this list has you covered on waterproof digital watches.