One thing that might be clunky but important to bring to the beach is an umbrella. That’s why we’ve found 5 of the best kid beach umbrellas for you to choose from.
A good beach umbrella protects your baby from the red-hot sun and rain. As a perk many of them are versatile to serve on the beach and the patio.
So, shop around to find the best beach umbrella for your kid, and I’ll help you.
*This post may include affiliate links. When you purchase items from these links, we will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help support this website. Thank you for your support! Read more ->
Why Your Child Deserves The Best Kid Beach Umbrella
Not only do you have to worry about sunburn at the beach, but sometimes it’s impossible to get your kids to put more sunscreen on. So having a kid’s beach umbrella can be a great idea.
So, if your kid doesn’t have a kids beach chair with umbrella, then they need an excellent beach umbrella.
Your kids deserve a beach umbrella that comes with a sun protection factor (SPF). The SPF rating shows the degree of sun protection, which should be 98+%. The beach also experiences strong winds, and only a beach umbrella has the framework to withstand its effect.
Furthermore, a beach umbrella will protect your little one against the rain. Not only that, but the umbrella also covers the kid’s snacks, drinks, and beach supplies from direct sunshine.
In a hurry? Below is a hot list of the best beach umbrella for baby.
Best 5 Recommended Kid Beach Umbrellas
- Sport-Brella Adjustable Umbrella – Best Overall
- Sport-Brella Canopy Umbrella – Best for Rain
- AMMSUN Seaside Kids Beach Umbrella – Best Adjustable Umbrella
- EasyGo Heavy Duty Beach Umbrella – Best for Strong Wind
- Impact Canopy 8′ Beach Umbrella – Best for Large Groups
What To Look For When Choosing a Baby Beach Umbrella:
Your kid can only get the best user experience from a beach umbrella if you get the best one. Here are the primary buying considerations:
- Sun Protection – The beach umbrella should offer more than 98% of sun protection. So it’s important to look for umbrellas with a 50+ SPF rating.
- Umbrella Size Your kid’s beach umbrella must be sizeable enough to cover not only the child but also you. The beach umbrella should also offer adequate shade over your kid’s beach supplies. That includes their drinks, snacks, chairs, towels, among others.
- Umbrella Shape – Baby beach umbrellas come in different shapes such as round, hexagonal, square, and rectangular, among others. Usually, the shape determines the amount of shade your kid will receive. If you want more shade for your baby, a rectangular umbrella or a circular shape will be more befitting.
- Fabric Type – The material type determines a lot of things. For one, it determines the durability of the umbrella. So, going for a fabric like polyester is a good idea as it is naturally tough. Other options include vinyl and acrylic. Just look for one that’s waterproof, easy to clean, and fade-resistant.
- Pole and Ribs – The kid beach umbrella should come with a sturdy pole to withstand strong wind.
- Ease of Setup – Look for an easy to set up umbrella, for your own sanity. Find one that’s got a simple pole that can be dug into the sand in seconds with no assembly required.
- Lift Type– Most kids’ beach umbrellas come with a push-up lift system where you push the canopy up and lock it in place. The lift system is user-friendly, thus the right choice for kids. Other popular options are pulley and crank lifts.
- Tilt Type – Kids generally like to change their seating position outdoors. You also have to consider the sun, which changes its position naturally. So, your kids should be able to tilt their umbrella depending on the sun’s position. The tilting can be manual through a push button or via a crank feature.
Also Read: Best Beach Umbrella With Wooden Pole
Best Kid Beach Umbrellas
Overall, these five beach umbrellas are the best for your kid:
1. Sport-Brella Versa-Brella Adjustable Umbrella – Best Overall
The Sport-Brella Versa-Brella Adjustable Umbrella is a fantastic choice for older kids. With an SPF 50+ rating, this beach umbrella blocks off 99.5% of ultraviolet rays.
It comes in a rugged canopy that is tear-proof against strong winds.
On the base of its pole is a universal clamp that allows you to attach it on tubular and square surfaces.Â That means your kid can travel with the beach umbrella everywhere.
Besides, it only weighs 1.8 pounds, thus carry-ready.
The child size beach umbrella enjoys a 4-way, 360-degree adjustment, thanks to its two push-buttons.
Sport-Brella Versa-Brella Adjustable Umbrella folds easily and fits compactly in its carry case.
This beach umbrella spans to about 3.4 by 3.5 ft to give your kids maximum coverage. Moreover, it comes in appealing color choices like midnight blue, turquoise, and light blue.
- SPF 50+ rating
- Rugged, tear-proof canopy
- Universal clamp
- Four-way tilt
- Attractive colors
- Carry bag
2. Sport-Brella Vented Sun & Rain Canopy Umbrella – Best For Rain
The Sport-Brella Vented Sun & Rain Canopy Umbrella is another fantastic kids-friendly beach umbrella by Sport-Brella.
Coming with an SPF 50+ rating, this beach umbrella shelters your kids from 99.5% of ultraviolet rays.
It comes with a telescoping pole that features a plastic to allow you to fix it in place firmly. It also comes with two anchor cords to provide extra ground reinforcement.
The toddler beach umbrella has a dual canopy that features wind vents and side-zippered windows to encourage breathability.Â There are also wind flaps to boost aeration.
Steel ribs firmly support its canopy, thus wind-strong. Additionally, the canopy is both UV-resistant and water-resistant.
Sport-Brella Vented Sun & Rain Canopy Umbrella has a 7-ft span, thus sizeable. What is more, it has side panels that provide additional coverage.
This beach umbrella is available in multiple stylish colors and also comes with a carry bag.
- 7-foot coverage
- Rainproof and UV-resistant canopy
- Telescoping handle
- Two anchor cords
- Wind vents and wind flaps
- Carry bag
3. AMMSUN Seaside Kids Beach Umbrella – Best Adjustable
If you are looking for a stylish, adjustable kids’ friendly beach umbrella, then the AMMSUN Seaside Kids Beach Umbrella is terrific.
Its canopy enjoys a 47-inch diameter, thus spacious for your kid and beach supplies.
Its height is adjustable, and it comes in bright unicorn patterns. So, it’s a great ornamental addition to the kids’ playground.
The umbrella features a steel pole to encourage ground stability and wind-resistance.
Its canopy features strong polyester fabric to boost its durability, and it enjoys a push-up lift mechanism, thus easy to open and close.
It’s, however, recommended that an adult opens it if the kids are too small to do it. The beach umbrella folds easily to fit in its carry bag.
Just as much as it’s a fantastic kids’ beach umbrella, AMMSUN Seaside Kids Beach Umbrella is also great for the patio.
- Colorful, expansive polyester canopy
- Wind-resistant steel pole
- Push-up lift design
- Carry bag
- Adjustable height
4. EasyGo Heavy Duty High Wind Beach Umbrella – Best For Strong Wind
Kids love the rainbow, and so there is no better umbrella choice for them than a rainbow one. Therefore, get your kid the EasyGo Heavy Duty High Wind Beach Umbrella.
The beach umbrella has a polyester canopy with an 8-ft diameter, thus expansive for maximum shade.
The canopy is reinforced with 16 thick fiberglass ribs to make it wind-resistant. Its canopy is also UV-coated to offer adequate UV-protection and has vents that encourage aeration.
The beach umbrella features a lightweight, rust-resistant aluminum pole. More to it, it comes with a heavy-duty screw for ground anchorage.
Its full height is adjustable, and it enjoys an easy-tilt mechanism to let you escape the sun from multiple angles.
Furthermore, it folds easily to fit in its accompanying carry bag.
- Rainbow canopy
- Adjustable, rust-resistant aluminum pole
- 8-foot span
- Fiberglass ribs
- Vented canopy
- Screw anchor
5. Impact Canopy 8′ Beach Umbrella – Best For Large Groups
The Impact Canopy 8′ Beach Umbrella is another rainbow beach umbrella that your toddler will love. It comes in a heavy-duty aluminum pole with sand anchors to resist strong winds.
Its canopy has an 8-ft expansive diameter to promote maximum shade. Additionally, the canopy has a vented top, thus breathable.
This beach umbrella folds readily to fit in its accompanying shoulder bag.
Its canopy enjoys a UPF 50+ rating, and so it promises to filter 98+% of ultraviolet rays.
The canopy enjoys an adjustable tilt. So, you can adjust it depending on the sun’s position. More to it, it has a push-lock system to allow you to fix it on the ground.
The canopy features 16 thick fiberglass ribs that offer extra wind resistance. So, it’s the perfect complement to a beach chair for infants.
- Heavy-duty aluminum pole
- Wind-resistant and U.V-protected canopy
- Push-lock system
- Adjustable tilt
- Shoulder bag
- Sand anchors
- 8-ft spanning diameter
Also Read: Best Beach Tents For Toddlers
1. Which Is The Best Kid Beach Umbrella?
The best kids’ umbrella for the beach should offer maximum sun protection. It should also be easy to set up, wind-resistant, waterproof, and portable.
That brings us to these best beach umbrellas:
- Sport-Brella Versa-Brella Adjustable Umbrella
- Sport-Brella Vented Sun & Rain Canopy Umbrella
- AMMSUN Seaside Kids Beach Umbrella
- EasyGo Heavy Duty High Wind Beach Umbrella
- Impact Canopy 8′ Beach Umbrella
2. Do Beach Umbrellas Protect Against UV Rays?
Well, most beach umbrellas come with an SPF (sun protection factor) 50+. Such a rating shows that the umbrella blocks off 98% of ultraviolet rays.
So, yes, beach umbrellas protect against UV rays. It’s, however, vital that you continue using sunscreen, especially when out of the umbrella.
3. Which Size Of Beach Umbrella Should I Get For My Family?
The ideal diameter size for a family beach umbrella is about 6-8 feet. But still, you can go for a more oversized canopy if your family is big, provided it’s portable.
You also need to factor in the size of a folding beach chair for toddlers if you have one and other beach gears.
4. What Is The Difference Between Beach Umbrellas And Patio Umbrellas?
Their primary difference is in their anchoring. The poles of beach umbrellas mostly come with pointed bottoms to allow you to spike them into the ground.
Patio umbrellas, on the other hand, require to be fitted into a base or table hole. Their poles generally have a flat bottom, unlike those of beach umbrellas.
5. Do My Kids Need An Anchor For Their Beach Umbrella?
The best way to anchor a beach umbrella is to spike it into the sand, and it’ll be stable. But because of strong winds, some beach umbrellas come with sand anchors for extra ground reinforcement.
If your children love the beach, then they deserve an excellent kid beach umbrella. You can find such umbrellas online using the above guide.
Better still, you can order any of the beach umbrellas reviewed. In my view, the five are best for kids and families.