Going to the beach can be so much fun with a baby, but you want to make sure they can be in the shade for most of the day. That’s why it’s so important to have beach tents for babies!
Beach tents can protect your baby from over exposure to the sun’s rays. An obvious fact about children is that they have delicate skin that can easily get scorched by the sun.
Beach shade for babies usually have UV shields that allow some sunshine to spread warmth inside but filter out the harmful rays. You can toss in a couple of toys in the sun shade tent and let the baby play with them inside if sand seems to be too hot.
*This post may include affiliate links. When you purchase items from these links, we will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help support this website. Thank you for your support! Read more ->
In a hurry? Check out our most recommended kids’ beach tents below.
5 Best Beach Tents For Babies
- Kudosale Foldable Baby Beach Tent
- Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Tent
- Lightspeed Outdoor Quick Cabana Shelter
- Coleman Road Trip Beach Shade
- Isiler Pop Up Beach Tent
What Are The Different Types Of Beach Tents/Infant Beach Tent?
The beach tents are classified according to the type of design:
- Canopy Beach Tents: Canopy beach tents consists of a canopy which hangs up over a ground canvas. They are really simple and are great for a good view of the beach. They also allow the baby to feel the wind.
- Screened Full Tent: The screened full baby tent has an entrance, which can be zipped up to cover the whole tent. The tents can allow in as much light as possible, but will not be able to let through much of the wind.
- Full Baby Tent: The full baby tent is much like the screened one, but this one is usually shaped like a quarter of a sphere and has ample space for almost the whole family.
The design of all of these is meant for babies, so do not confuse it it with the other types of tents (you won’t want to be using one of these for camping).
1. Kudosale Foldable Baby Beach Tent
Of all of the beach tents for babies on this list, this is the one most specifically just for babies. Most of the others allow space for parents in the tent as well, but this is one just for a baby to relax in!
The Kudosale foldable baby beach tent is small and just for a baby to rest in. It has mesh all the way around, and has a cover that can go all the way around, depending on how the sun is angling.
To keep you free from worrying about this tent blowing away, it comes with pegs to keep it firm in the ground.
Taking this beach tent for a baby with you on your beach adventures means you don’t have to worry about your baby sliding out of the tent and onto the hot sand, or from them crawling out of your site into the water accidentally.
Check Current Price at Walmart
2. Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent ~ Best Beach Tent For Babies
The Pacific breeze easy up beach tent weighs just 4.5 pounds. That weight is low enough for anyone to handle it with great ease. The weight makes it highly portable, hence a perfect fit for long trips. It is also great for women to handle since it will not induce much fatigue.
It is pretty easy to set up this Pacific breeze baby tent. The design uses EasyUp Hub system which makes it a lot easier for people to set up the tents. This baby tent has a waterproof floor making it one of the best beach shade tent for a baby suitable to be used in camping.
The water cannot enter inside, hence your baby can sleep soundly in the tent without feeling the chilly waters of the beach.
UV rays are also filtered from entering the Pacific breeze baby tent. Wind and rain are also prevented from entering the tent, hence the baby can still enjoy the view of the beach no matter what the weather is.
To ease up the transportation of the tent, you get a carrying case that fits the tent perfectly.
The tent is also long lasting. You will continue to use it for a long time before you have to deal with some issues.
To assure you of this, you are given a one year warranty that you can claim if any manufacturer’s defect shows up before it becomes void.
Check Current Price at Walmart
3. Lightspeed Outdoor Quick Cabana Beach Tent
The lightspeed baby tent for beach use is made from the best polyester in the market.
The polyester together with another layer can provide protection from the UV rays from the sun that can cause skin problems to your baby. It is roomy enough to fit two grown ups and a baby. Whenever you need some shade from the sun, you can jump in and enjoy.
The weight that the lightspeed infant beach tent has does not exceed 7 lbs. It is ideal for any parent to move around the beach with. This beach shade for babies folds to a simple and neat fabric that you can fit in a carrying bang and take back to the car.
The lower canvas can be extended to a longer distance so that you can lie down and feel the sun on your legs.
You also get a carrying case for this lightspeed baby tent. The case is the exact fit for the baby tent, hence you get to enjoy the portability of the enclosed tent. Other amazing features the tent has includes the shoulder strap and guylines.
It will be much easier to use this tent than any other in the market, since everything included is for the purpose of making your time at the beach easier.
Check Current Price at Walmart
4. Coleman Road Trip Beach Shade
Privacy is what you get to enjoy in the beach with the Coleman Road Trip shade tent for beach. The tent has two zippered entrances. The two zips helps you to enclose yourself in the tent and continue with your business in private.
Plus, it has two hanging pockets on the sides which you can use to store your personal items that you cannot leave lying around.
The Coleman beach tent can be one of the best tents for kids to take to the beach when you are going with the whole family. Two people together with a baby can fit amazingly well inside.
You also get protection from the UV rays for SPF 50+. The filtration of the UV rays makes this Coleman baby shade tent the one of the safest to bring with you to the beach.
A carry bag and sand bags are included in this baby beach tent packaging. They are just a few of the cool add-ons that you will get with the tent. They will come in handy while transporting of the tent.
The portability of the tent is further increased by its low weight. Whether you are a mom or dad, the tent will not be difficult to carry to the beach by hand. The green color of the tent is bright and appealing to kids.
Most of the beach tents for kids are made with bright colors, but the green color used on this is appealing to almost everyone on earth, and the baby will fall in love with the tent.
5. Isiler Pop Up Beach Tent
This beach tent is one of the easiest tents you’ll ever set up, being a pop-up, so no need for remembering where any poles go in this tent.
This is one of the best beach tents for babies because of it’s ease of setup, lightweight for carrying, and comes with a carry bag.
This tent is made for the beach, with a UPF rating of 50+, having protection from direct sun, while also having screens on the sides to keep air ventilating.
This tent will hold 3-4 adults or 5-6 kids, so this is a great tent for families or friends meeting up at the beach.
Check Current Price at Walmart
Best Baby Beach Tent/ Beach Shade Tent For A Baby Buying Guide.
Here are just a few of the things to consider when you are buying the best sun tent for babies:
- UV Protection: Not all the baby tents for beach use have UV filter. You should find one that can filter out the rays since the baby needs total protection at the beach.
- Portability: Since you may need to carry the beach tent up to the beach with the bare hands or with a beach wagon, the portability of the tents count. Choose a beach tent that will not give you problems during its transportation. A lightweight beach tent should do the trick.
- Folding Ease: You can spend a whole day trying to set up some few types of beach shade for babies. So, you need to make sure that the model of the beach tent that you are choosing is easy to set up. You can get lots of baby sun shade that can unfold in a matter of seconds. The folding process being as easy as unfolding. The easiest ones to use are usually the pop up beach tents.
- Design: Go for a baby sun shade tent that will give the baby some view of the beach and you. It will not feel so lonely when you are not spotted nearby, hence staying in the beach tent will not be scary for the baby.
The baby might even need some company inside sometimes. You can get one that is designed to shelter more than a baby. The height should be long enough for a full grown toddler to jump in. Let us now see which of the beach tent for a baby have managed to hit the market with quality and all these features:
That should give you a head start in choosing the best beach tents for babies! Even if a hundred more types of tents come up in the market, these will always be the best beach shelters for a good shade and protection from UV rays for you and your kids.
Related: Best Beach Chairs for Kids, Beach Tents for Toddlers