When packing for the beach, you want a fast and easy-to-set-up tent. That’s why a pop up beach tent is a must-buy.
These tents are an instant setup, making it the easiest thing to bring with you to the beach for shelter.
Not only that, but such a tent will also protect you from the cold, insects and offer you some privacy outdoors.
*This post may include affiliate links. When you purchase items from these links, we will receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, to help support this website. Thank you for your support! Read more ->
What’s more, a pop-up tent protects your valuables from thieves and shields your beach supplies from the sun.
In a hurry? Check out our hot list for the best pop-up beach tents below.
5 Best Pop Up Beach Tents
- Abco Tech Pop Up Tent – Best For Couples
- ZOMAKE 3-4 Person Pop Up Tent – Best For Families
- Pacific Breeze Beach Tent – Best For Small Groups
- Bend River Baby Beach Tent – Best For Babies
- Abco Tech Privacy Pop Up Tent – Best Privacy Pop-Up Tent
Keep reading for why we love these beach tents, and scroll down for what we looked for in all of these tents.
Best Pop Up Beach Tents
On the market are many different pop-up beach tents, and we’ve found the best tent for each category
1. Abco Tech Pop Up Tent – For Couples
We start our list with pop-up tents meant for only two people, preferably couples. These tents come with everything you expect from your best pop up tent.
They are UV-protected, weather-resistant, portable, and breathable.
The secret to getting this purchase right is to pick a spacious two-person tent.
The Abco Tech Pop Up Tent is an instant setup tent. Its interior is 88.6 by 47.2 inches, enough to accommodate a couple.
The pop up cabana beach tent features two doors for convenient access and maximum ventilation. Plus, it has two mesh windows to boost its ventilation and nylon flaps on the door to promote privacy.
Its seams are strong to resist ripping, and it comes with a carry bag to allow you to pack and carry it conveniently.
Furthermore, the tent comes with an accessory bag.
2. ZOMAKE 3-4 Person Pop Tent – For Families
The ZOMAKE 3-4 Person Pop Up Tent is very spacious to accommodate up to four family members. The tent opens up in seconds and also folds up quickly for convenient carrying.
It features an extra-large sky window on its roof to encourage ventilation. Other features that promote ventilation include mesh windows and mesh doors.
Additionally, it has a mesh net that not only encourages ventilation but also keeps insects out. Its floor is welded polyethylene, thus waterproof, and it enjoys a Dutch-style door.
The tent’s housing features UPF 50+ polyester and wind-strong fiberglass poles. Moreover, it comes with a carrying bag that has all installation instructions.
3. Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent Deluxe – For Small Groups
The Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent Deluxe XL weighs just slightly above 6 pounds and has a 95 by 51 inches floor area. So, it’s not just readily portable but spacious too.
It’s fast and stress-free to set up this tent, and it’s known to collapse easily for convenient transportation.
The tent is UPF 50+ rated, thus effective against the destructive ultraviolet rays.
Its construction features a fiberglass frame and water-resistant polyester. As a result, its build quality is unquestionable.
Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent Deluxe XL comes with extra-large windows for adequate ventilation and features multiple interior pockets for small items.
Additionally, it comes with four stakes and five sand pockets to provide extra anchorage and stability.
4. Bend River Pop Up Baby Beach Tent – For Babies
The Bend River Pop Up Baby Beach Tent comes in a robust construction, featuring galvanized steel and polyester taffeta. All these materials are non-toxic.
Setting up the kids pop up beach tent is almost effortless, and so is the carrying and cleaning.
It comes with four colorful sand pegs to anchor it firmly and resist strong wind. Its highlight feature, however, is a mini-pool that allows your baby to play safely in the water.
Bend River Pop Up Baby Beach Tent comes with three sizeable windows for ventilation. Also, it features a screened door to keep insects and sand out.
The Privacy Pop Up Tents is UPF 50+ rated, thus protective against ultraviolet rays. Moreover, it only weighs 1Kg, therefore portable.
5. Abco Tech Privacy Pop Up Tent – Privacy Tent
The Abco Tech Privacy Pop Up Tent is a fantastic all-round privacy tent. You can use it as a changing room, outdoor washroom, and rain shelter.
The automatic pop up beach tent allows you to set it up instantly and comes in a readily portable design. It folds easily to fit in a carry bag, and it’s high to suit tall guys.
The Abco Tech Privacy Pop Up Tent features a side window that enhances outdoor visibility and aeration.
Accompanying it is a bag with mounting accessories. Moreover, it features a cloth line for airing your wet clothes and an inbuilt pocket for small valuables.
Buying Guide For The Best Pop Up Beach Tent
Pop up beach tents don’t come cheap, and for that reason, you have to get the best. Here are the things to look for in the purchase:
- Spacious Interior – Pop up tents come in a variety of sizes, some for couples and others for small groups. There are also others for babies. While it’s important to consider how many people it can accommodate, also think through if you’ll have space for your beach supplies.
- Durable Construction – The best pop up tent should withstand the storm and the effects of the sun. So, its framework should be wind-strong, and the fabric should be fade-proof.
- I recommend fiberglass or galvanized steel for the poles and polyester for the walls and ceiling. Additionally, the seam areas should have strong stitching for the tent to serve you longer.
- UV Protected – You are buying a beach pop up tent for sun protection, among other reasons. So, ensure its fabric is UPF (ultraviolet protection factor) graded. Preferably, the rating should be 50+ to guarantee the most protection.
- Waterproof – A pop-up tent doesn’t just protect you from the sun but also the rain. For that reason, look at its fabric carefully to ensure it is waterproof. Its seams should also not allow water in. Generally, having a waterproof pop-up tent means having an all-season camping structure.
- Storage – Keep an eye on storage pockets as they offer you some room to keep small items. In that regard, check for both interior and exterior pockets.
- Stability – The worst experience you can have is chasing after your pop up tent when the wind blows it away. For that reason, ensure you buy a stable option.
The beach often gets too crowded, and so only a good pop up tent can give you the privacy that you need.
Therefore consider features like nylon flaps on the doors that allow you to have some privacy outdoors. That means you get to change or even catch a nap outside without worrying about snooping eyes.
- Portability – The best beach tent should be easy to fold and unfold, pack, and transport. It should, therefore, feature lightweight fabric to encourage easy folding and lightweight carrying.
Also Read: Best Beach Tents For Toddlers, Great Outdoor Teepee Tents
1. Why Do I Need A Pop Up Beach Tent?
A pop-up beach tent provides you an instant shelter in the outdoors. It allows you to set it up in seconds.
Like other beach tents, pop up beach tents are protective. They protect against the sun, storm, and irritant insects.
Additionally, pop up beach tents provide some shade over your beach supplies. That includes your drinking water and snacks.
2. Which Is The Best Pop-up Tent?
We’ve pop up beach tents for couples, babies, and families. We also have options for small groups and families.
So, here are the best beach pop-up tents for different users:
- Abco Tech Pop Up Tent – Best for couples
- ZOMAKE 3 4 Pop Up Tent – Best for families
- Pacific Breeze Easy Setup Beach Tent Deluxe XL – Best for small groups
- Bend River Pop Up Baby Beach Tent – Best for babies
- Abco Tech Privacy Pop Up Tent – Best privacy pop-up tent
3. What Are The Advantages Of Beach Tents Over Beach Umbrellas?
Though beach umbrellas can shelter you from the sun, their coverage is not as adequate as that of a beach tent. So, they donâ€™t entirely cover you from the ultraviolet rays.
Also, strong winds can blow a beach umbrella away. That’s unlike best beach tents that are mostly ground-anchored.
Beach tents also offer more rain-protection than beach umbrellas, thus the better pick.
4. How Do I Choose A Baby Beach Tent?
Baby skins are extra sensitive. So, you have to protect them from the harmful sun’s radiation, and that means going for a UPF-rated beach tent like the Bend River Pop Up Baby Beach.
The tent should also be easy to set up, and so go for a pop-up design. It should also be breathable to ensure the baby takes in clean air.
Consider going for s a stable pick, one that doesn’t get blown away by the wind.
What’s more, it should be portable, robust, and spacious.
5. How Do I Fold A Pop Up Beach Tent?
The tent must come in a lightweight, foldable design. If you buy your tent on Amazon, check for video tutorials on how to fold it.
Others come with folding instructions on the package. So, consider that too.
Every beach camper deserves a good pop up beach tent. Luckily, you can find it using my buying guide. Or better still, pick any of the five beach tents that I have reviewed.